Course
Professor
salmonllama211 and 39398 others unlocked
PSYC 100 Full Course Notes
PSYC 100 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
65 documents

Document Summary

While some psychologists are clinical , many have little or no connection w/ therapy. Some are researchers, teachers, advertisers, communications, business and human resources, and governmental and community service organizations. Psych has roots in western philosophy, which originated w/ the ancient greeks. Many philosophers, i. e. socrates, plato, aristotle dealt w/ issues that are still relevant to present day psychologists. Ancient greek philosophers examined many questions through rationalism the pursuit of truth through reason and knowledge. I. e. plato"s writings b/w socrates & students |do you perceptions equal reality . Through logical argument, socrates concluded that perceptions aren"t always the same as reality. I. e. parallel lines moving away from us don"t actually meet somewhere in the distance. Drive to use scientific as opposed to philosophic approach arose from the influence of physiologists or scientists who study the function of living systems. Many physiologists in the late 19th century attempted to answer the questions raised by philosophers.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers