PSYC 100 (1,087)
Lecture 5

Week 5 and 6 Psych100

2 Pages
Unlock Document

Queen's University
PSYC 100
Ingrid Johnsrude

Week 5 and 6 Psychology 100 (Celiah Dale) th Wednesday, October 9 1. While speaking to a person with schizophrenia, you mention the snow outside. The person replies, "I think snow is a fine thing because it's good for skiing. I used to ski. I wanted to ski down Bob Hope's nose because it's a ski jump nose, you know. Do you like your nose?" This example illustrates: Overinclusion 2. Some mental disorders are associated with a deficiency or excess of particular neurotransmitters:  Too little serotonin is associated with some anxiety disorders  Too little GABA is linked with anxiety disorders  Excess dopamine is associated with schizophrenia  A deficit in serotonin and norepinephrine are associated with depression 3. People with schizophrenia are more likely to recover if they live in a: developing society, in part because the people tend to regard the disorder as temporary and refer to it in less stigmatizing terms. 4. Janine reports hearing voices demanding that she carry out a mission for them. Which of the following symptoms of schizophrenia is she describing? Hallucinations 5. Moishe has suffered from mild depression for more than 4 years and is now experiencing a severe episode of depression that has kept him in bed for about 3 weeks. He would be best described as suffering from: Double Depression 6. Dysthymia is the chronic counterpart to MAJOR DEPRESSIVE DISORDER, just as cyclothymia is the chronic counterpart to BIPOLAR DISORDER. 7. Psychoactive substance: Caffeine, Alcohol, nicotine, cocaine 8. People with depression generally exhibit a depressive explanatory style. As such,
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 100

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.