PSYC 100 Lecture Notes - Grey Matter, Cerebrospinal Fluid, Aversion Therapy

37 views14 pages
salmonllama211 and 39398 others unlocked
PSYC 100 Full Course Notes
PSYC 100 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
65 documents

Document Summary

Traditional forms of psychotherapy: psychoanalysis, humanist, gestalt. Maladaptive behavior is the problem; need to change this behavior directly. (big bang theory example, with sheldon and penny with chocolate) Modelling: imitate the successful behaviors of other (note: not really. Extinction of maladaptive behaviours; remove previously available positive reinforcers. Punishment of maladaptive behaviours: administer negative consequences for undesirable behaviour. Systematic desensitization: pair increasingly feared stimuli (eg. spiders) with a relaxation response. Flooding: directly and fully exposed to fearful stimulus until fear dissipates. Aversion therapy: pleasant but undesirable stimulus (eg. alcohol) paired with an aversive response (eg. vomiting) Antecedent (event)------ beliefs-------consequences (eg. emotions: developed by albert alex. Polarized thinking ( black and white thinking: (if i don t get 100% on the test im a total failure) Overgeneralizations: (my first boyfriend dumped me, no one will ever love me) Personalization: (eg. she didn t say hi to me, i must have done something wrong)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers