SOCY 122 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Talcott Parsons, Normal Science, Logical Positivism

59 views3 pages
tdawg2307 and 33 others unlocked
SOCY 122 Full Course Notes
SOCY 122 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
49 documents

Document Summary

Socy 122 - introduction to sociology - lecture 1: language, paradigms, metatheory and. Contemplative: direct, observations and speculate about the world around us. Action: being active in the world around us. I like this satisfied with the world around us allowing more observation. I don"t like this second level, where we take action to change our world, humanizing our environment. This isn"t how i imagined it i"ve made changes but this isn"t how i"ve imagined it, returning to the second level. Action (humanizing the world; intellect and emotions combined) Creative thought (what is imaginatively possible, emotions using intellect) Highly developed science and a highly developed art are very close together, psychologically and otherwise . Draws upon creativity of emotions and imagination. Employs aspects of reality and life experience with imagination. Like science, sociology is committed to analysis and comprehension of relatively enduring reality. Like science and the arts, language and creativity are critical to sociology"s comprehension of complex social world.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers