ACC 110 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Intangible Asset, Financial Statement, Alliteration

55 views5 pages

Document Summary

Abstraction is appropriate depending on the industry. Since the business name will be used as the domain name on the internet (preferably using . com) it should not be lengthy. Research domain name registration companies to ensure the availability of the domains. Long-lived assets: an asset that will last over the long term. Tangible assets: physical assets (i. e. land and buildings). Intangible assets: non-physical assets (i. e. legal rights such as licenses, trademarks, or brand names). Technology assets: long-lived intangible asset (i. e. company website). Accounts: common subgroups of financial reporting elements that are used to accumulate business activities. Event: a business activity of importance to the business. If the event is measurable (it has a dollar value) and realized (the exchange already happened), then it is recorded in the accounting system as a transaction. Pay before using it, for example rent, advertising, and insurance. Business license: long-term asset account recording license costs.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers