Class Notes (807,168)
Canada (492,645)
CMN 124 (62)

2 Pages
Unlock Document

Ryerson University
CMN 124
Kathryn Voltan

Verb – It is an action like run, walk etc. Voice- A term that describes a verb’s ability to show whether the subject of a sentence acts or is acted upon Phrasal verb – A verb that combines with one or more preposition to deliver its meaning Pronouns – Words that replace or refer to nouns like everybody, somebody etc. Personal Pronouns – I, you, and me Ambiguity – misinterpretation of a sentence due to double meaning Phrase – Group of words containing a subject or verb, which cannot stand on its own as a complete sentence Clause – Group of related words containing a subject and a complete verb; when it delivers full meaning it is called an independent clause; when it doesn’t deliver a full meaning by itself, it is called a dependent clause. Dependent clause – A clause that cannot function on its own as an independent grammatical unit Independent clause – A clause, containing a subject and complete verb that functions on its own as an independent grammatical unit Subject – The word or group of words in a sentence that acts or is acted upon Simple Sentence – one independent clause, straight forward and empathi
More Less

Related notes for CMN 124

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.