CMN 124 Lecture Notes - Harry Emerson Fosdick, Narrative Structure, Sexual Orientation

52 views4 pages

Document Summary

The two rules of successful presenting: know your audience, know your medium. What does the audience want to hear: there is nothing that people are so interested in as themselves, their own problems, and the way to solve them. That fact is basic it is the primary starting point of all successful public speaking. harry. Racial, ethnic, or cultural background: situational analysis. What questions will they want you to answer: three questions for the speakers. What"s the most effective way of composing and presenting my speech to accomplish my purpose: about the audience. Audiences, like all of us, are egocentric: what is this speech important to me? : preparing the presentation. Keep the audience constantly in mind as you prepare: know your medium. An aural medium is always in the present tense . Content cant be reviewed so it must be simple & clear. Ideas and information must be easily and quickly comprehended and retained.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers