CLD 332 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Robert Latimer, Cerebral Palsy, Institute For Operations Research And The Management Sciences

91 views3 pages

Document Summary

Do not see my disability as a problem. Jake: math prodigy proud of his autism 60 minutesovertime. com. Tracy latimer was a young saskatchewan girl living with cerebral palsy was euthanized by her own father. These words can be guiding principles for anti-bias curriculum. Listen support and follow . work with them. Don"t teach me to be obedient, submissive and polite be respectful. Don"t work on me, work with me. Do not fix me, i"m not broken. If your curriculum is not teaching them to challenge, question. Stand up for themselves and others, and take action. The 3 c"s of resilience: situation and (cid:498)influence a more positive outcome(cid:499) as potential for growth. Control: a belief in the ability to take charge of the controllable aspects of the. Challenge: a view of mistakes as opportunities for new learning and change. Commitment: an active engagement in work and other pursuits that gives meaning to life.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers