- "Class" comes about when a group of people, as a result of common experiences, feel and
articulate the identity of their interests as between themselves, and as against (others) whose
interests are different from theirs.
- Class is simply equated with wealth – "low class" equals poor – "high class" equals rich
- The Luddites were 19th-century English textile artisans who protested against newly developed
labor-saving machinery from 1811 to 1817.
- "The medium is the message", technology – the form, or "medium" of culture- has great material
significance than the content, or "message."
- Money changes everything – we are interested in film box office numbers without even watching the
- Central elements of "Beat" culture included rejection of received standards, innovations in style,
experimentation with drugs, alternative sexualities, an interest in Eastern religion, a rejection of
materialism, and explicit portrayals of the human condition.
- In the cultural industry, the media deceives people in the name of entertainment
- The cultural industry purposely creates false expectations and desires
- Cultural is now commoditized; it has been turned into something that