Fashion
Course
FSN 221
Professor
benbarry
Semester
Winter

Description
Fashion as a Business and Cultural Industry Intro: Who they are, how they’re different from you, what themes you will be exploring. Use subheadings. Today: 1. What makes a fashion entrepreneur 2. Who is my customer 3. How do I cast models to benefit my brand? What is an entrepreneur? 1. Pays a certain price for a product to resell it at a higher price (interested in profit) 2. Sees am opportunity and creates an organization to peruse it 3. Tales responsibility for creating innovation within in an organization What makes an entrepreneur? 1. Personal attributes 2. Environmental factors 3. Sociological factors Darwinian Identity Communitarian Identity Missionary Identity Conceptual Shifts 1. Navigate creative-business tension 2. Redefine enterprise as collaborative 3. Expand ideas to accommodate taste of others Who is My Consumer? What is Market segmentation? - Process of subdividing a market into distinct subsets of customers that behave in the same way or have the same need Why Segment? 1. Focus on likely consumers 2. Effectively allocate resources 3. Develop suitable marketing Problems of Segmentation 1. Perspective of marketers 2. Approximation of reality 3. Leakages in market 4. Changes in consumption patter
More Less

Related notes for FSN 221

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit