Fashion (410)
FSN 232 (39)

Fat in the City.docx

2 Pages
Unlock Document

Ryerson University
FSN 232
Joanne Mc Neish

Fat in the City: Outlaws and Outfits - PhD at York - BITE ME! Toronto Int’l Body Image Firm and Arts Festival, Founder & Director - Obsessed with cats - LGBT bookstore? - Hopes to create a self-esteem thing for girls Today: - fat activism - there is a spectrum of voices that can be heard - just her voice is being expressed today - Audre Lodre: Black Queer Feminist, Essayist and Activist - On the subway when she was a teenager “if you weren’t such a fat, big black bitch, you wouldn't be afraid of my dog”  so man people laughed at her - We get lost in these “love yourself” blabla .. but so often we don't hear the real, everyday experiences - Intersectionality: Embodied Subjectivities and Diversities – we all have race, gender, sexuality, ability, class - Clothing can be a form of resistence - Fat people are seen as the mistake, bad, out of control, seen as the joke, not attracted - Never meeting the standard, whether weight, wrinkle free etc - Stereotypes: black women are stronger and can have more “junk in the trunk” the men love it etc ..but in truth they are just as obsessed, skin bleaching, diets etc - Race d
More Less

Related notes for FSN 232

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.