Fashion Concepts and Theory - Week 9.doc

3 Pages

Department
Fashion
Course Code
FSN 232
Professor
benbarry

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 3 pages of the document.
Description
Wardrobe assignment • Who are you analyzing • How are they different from you • Include themes in introduction, especially in conclusion • Images in appendix • All sources do not need to be in annotated bibliography • Non-academic sources can be used • Annotated bibliography: Explain content, approach used and value of source • Wardrobe should not be stand alone section; reference it in analysis • Include images The Theory of Fierceness 1. Owning your space through aesthetics Gender as Performance and Choice "Gender is the repeated stylization of the body, a set of repeated acts within a highly rigid regulatory frame that congeal over time to produce the appearance of substance, of a natural sort of being." - Butler, 25, 1990 What is An Entrepreneur? • Pays a certain price for a product to resell it at a higher price • Sees an opportunity and creates an organization to pursue it • Takes responsibility for creating innovation within an organization What Makes an Entrepreneur? • Personal attributes (10 D's - dreamer, do-er, distributor, decisive...) • Environmental factors (Government program, strong economy, family support) • Sociological factors (Age and role models) Darwinian Identity • Motivated to make money • Create a business plan • Old-fashioned • Desire to be distinct from other firms • Competitive • i.e. Harry Rosen Communitarian Identity • Contribute to community based on their own experiences • Passionate • Other industry leaders are seen as peers • i.e. Emran Ammed (sp) Missionary Identity • Agents of change in society • Support a cause • Want to create a better world • i.e. Robin Kay (sp) Creative Enterprise Orientation (CEO) • Creativity before business • i.e. Trisha Ha
More Less
Unlock Document

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit