Fashion Concepts week 9 3/20/2013 12:22:00 PM
Business in fashion
The theory of fierceness
1. owning your space through aesthetics
2. breaking down
gender as performance and choice
1. what makes a fashion entrepreneur?
2. Who is my customer?
3. How do I cast models to benefit my brand?
1) what is an entrepreneur??
Pays a certain price for a product to resell it at a higher price
Sees an opportunity and creates an organization to persue it
What makes an entrepreneur?
1. personal attributes
2. environmental factors
3. sociological factors (age and role models)
4. Darwinian identity
5. Communitarian identity
6. Missionary identity
1. navigate creative-business tension
2. redefine enterprise as collaborative
3. expand ideas to accommodate taste of others
problems of segmentation
1. perspective of marketers
2. leakages in market
3. approximation of reality
4. changes in consumption patterns