1. What is an organization: A collection of people working together to achieve a common purpose
2. Are organization an open or close system: Open system since org. have inputs and outputs in
the org. The org. creates work activities resouces into outputs. Base on the feedback, the input
- Resource inputs: People, Money, Mats, tech, Info.
- Product outputs: Finished goods and/or services
3. Productivity and the dimensions of org. perf.
- Org. will want to achieve effective and efficient (goals achieved, no wasted resouces -> high
4. What is a manager?
- Traditional: Person who plans, directs people and resources