- Information technology and management
- Information and managerial decisions
- The decision making process
- Issues in managerial decision making
IT & Management
You are teaching your 10-pm class in the Engineering building and you suddenly see 3 guys
running pass your classroom with high powered guns
1. What could you have done before the class to prepare you for this kind of action?
a. Read the emergency procedures in place to help prevent anything from anything
Information is very important
2. What would you do right now?
a. Call the police, lock the doors, be ready for anything to happen
In a society that is information driven, requires 2 main competencies:
Computer Competency - ability to use computers
Information competency - ability to use information to make decisions
DATA ≠ INFORMATION
Data is just RAW facts or observations
Information is data made useful
Can data ever be information?
Can information ever be data?
- Timely – available when needed
- High quality – accurate reliable