Week 6

5 Pages

Department
Global Management Studies
Course Code
GMS 200
Professor
Robert Hudyma

This preview shows pages 1-2. Sign up to view the full 5 pages of the document.
Chapter 8- Class notes
Case 1, the captains sold medicine and food to Australia and people died during the process
of the trip.
How might captain be convinced to better care of their human cargo?
Undercover person, as a traveler
Awards to the captain, who has the most people alive in the end
Make the more than one trip
Dividend the operates, then just the captains
Chile Hyperinflation
The price of the good where rising faster and unaffordable
During a period of hyperinflation in Chile, the story is told that the governments
impostition of a maximum price made it unprofitable for supplies to sell bread-the
legal maximum was beloe the cost of production.
If you were a baker, how might you respond?
oLow resource cost(outsource)
oLow quality
oLow wages on the employees
oInvest in technology
oReduce the size of the bread
What if there was a rustication of the weight?
oSell as a package
oThey sold the ingredients
Euro Disney Case Study
Until 1992, the Walt Disney Company had experienced nothing but success I the theme
www.notesolution.com
park business
Its first park, Disneyland, opened in California in 1955
Disney in 1986, turned their attention in France, Paris
Why Paris? The government
owill give them the land
oGive 750 million in loans at below market rates
oSpend millions of dollars on subways the railroad in Disney board
Eg. Brussels will only 90 minutes by train
oIn 2 hours people can drive and about 17 million people can come
oIn 4 hours people can drive and about 41 million people can come
oIn 6 hours people can drive and about 190 million people can come
oIn 2 hours people can take a flight and about 310 million people can come
To summarize
To open in 1992, six of study
4.4 billion enterprise over 500 acres and will grow in next years to an area one-
firfithSix hotels and 5200 rooms
Projections
11 million people would visit in the first year
o2.7 million visit US Disney
oEuropean have more vacations, 4 or 5 weeks
oThey think about 3.5% of the Paris population 11million / 310 million(flight)
www.notesolution.com

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
Chapter 8- Class notes Case 1, the captains sold medicine and food to Australia and people died during the process of the trip. How might captain be convinced to better care of their human cargo? Undercover person, as a traveler Awards to the captain, who has the most people alive in the end Make the more than one trip Dividend the operates, then just the captains Chile Hyperinflation The price of the good where rising faster and unaffordable During a period of hyperinflation in Chile, the story is told that the government’s impostition of a maximum price made it unprofitable for supplies to sell bread-the legal maximum was beloe the cost of production. If you were a baker, how might you respond? o Low resource cost(outsource) o Low quality o Low wages on the employees o Invest in technology o Reduce the size of the bread What if there was a rustication of the weight? o Sell as a package o They sold the ingredients Euro Disney – Case Study Until 1992, the Walt Disney Company had experienced nothing but success I the theme www.notesolution.com park business Its first park, Disneyland, opened in California in 1955 Disney in 1986, turned their attention in France, Paris Why Paris? The government o will give them the land o Give 750 million in loans at below market rates o Spend millions of dollars on subways the railroad in Disney board Eg. Brussels will only 90 minutes by train o In 2 hours people can drive and about 17 million people can come o In 4 hours people can drive and about 41 million people can come o In 6 hours people can drive and about 190 million people can come o In 2 hours people can take a flight and about 310 million people can come To summarize To open in 1992, six of study 4.4 billion enterprise over 500 acres and will grow in next years to an area one- firfithSix hotels and 5200 rooms Projections 11 million people would visit in the first year o 2.7 million visit US Disney o European have more vacations, 4 or 5 weeks o They think about 3.5% of the Paris population 11million / 310 million(flight) www.notesolution.com What would you decide? o Would you go ahead now? Later? Shelve the project? Or any other plan? Would you require any other data for your decision? Which ones?= Feedback for people likes and dislikes Data from other theme parks in the theme parks in Europe More demographics information, and in
More Less
Unlock Document

Only pages 1-2 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit