GMS 401 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Expert System, Pickering Nuclear Generating Station, Total Productive Maintenance

69 views2 pages

Document Summary

Ontario power generation (opg): operates pickering nuclear generating station, 13% of on supply, canadian nuclear safety commission requires inspection at least every 10 years, 40,000 tasks related to maintenance, maintenance contributes to record of reliability. Objective is to maintain the capability of the system. Failure has effects on operation, reputation, profitability, unhappy customers, etc. Maintenance: all acti(cid:448)ities i(cid:374)(cid:448)ol(cid:448)ed i(cid:374) keepi(cid:374)g a s(cid:455)ste(cid:373)"s e(cid:395)uip(cid:373)e(cid:374)t i(cid:374) (cid:449)o(cid:396)ki(cid:374)g o(cid:396)de(cid:396) Reliability: probability that a machine will function properly for a specified time. Fr (%) = # of failures/# of unit-hours of operating time x 100. Fr (n) = # of failures/# of unit-hours of operating time. [first component working] + [(second component working) x (probability of needing second component)] Preventative maintenance: routine inspection and servicing to keep facilities in good repair. Know when system requires service or likely to fail. Once product settles, mtbf generally follows a normal distribution. Breakdown maintenance: emergency or priority repairs on failed equipment.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers