GCM 230 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Serif, Blackletter

44 views2 pages

Document Summary

Script typefaces are based on the forms made with a flexible brush or pen and often have varied strokes reminiscent of handwriting: script typefaces are not calligraphy, script typefaces are not italic. Ofte(cid:374) (cid:272)o(cid:374)tai(cid:374) the word (cid:862)s(cid:272)ript(cid:863) i(cid:374) the fa(cid:272)e (cid:374)a(cid:373)e. Designed to resemble handwriting: script: letters are joined to each other within each word, cursive: letters are separated. These typefaces are based on letters made with a flexible pen or brush, or derivative forms. Typefaces in this category are designed to resemble handwriting. I(cid:374) 16(cid:1008)(cid:1007), the first (cid:862)offi(cid:272)ial(cid:863) s(cid:272)ript fa(cid:272)e was (cid:272)reated (cid:271)y a pri(cid:374)ter i(cid:374) paris. Many different kinds of script typefaces available today. Script faces resemble handwriting, and are designed with different writing tools, like brushes or calligraphy pens. The characters of some script typefaces are connected. Script typefaces should not be set in all capital letters and are generally used for announcements, invitations, certification greetings, and advertisements. Swash: a flourish replacing a terminal or serif.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers