HTL 503 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Plenary Session

33 views5 pages

Document Summary

Mice events are a critical part of stimulating a cities economy: creates jobs, offers financial impact, tax revenues generated impacts community by funding police, fire, schools, causes an overreaching effect. Direct revenue means revenue spent to produce the mice event i. e. a required/contracted necessity. Any money spent to plan/execute the event indirect revenue is added value mice events provide a city and its surrounding areas i. e. lo(cid:272)al attra(cid:272)tio(cid:374)s, (cid:271)ars a(cid:374)d restaura(cid:374)ts, ta(cid:454)i(cid:859)s, su(cid:271)wa(cid:455) Canadian economic impact study launched in 2008, focus was to provide proof of the value of mice events in canada study 3. 0 done in 2012, 585k business mice events held in over 2k venues and attracting. 35. 3 million people conventions are the most used within the mice industry. 55 billion was spent: 29 billion direct spending (52%, 26 billion indirect spending (48%) out of province/country revenue generated. Get to know your client (1st of a planners 2 clients) Focus: product launch, sales strategies, awards/recognition.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers