HTT 150 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Airbnb, Visual Flight RulesPremium
DepartmentHospitality and Tourism Management
Course CodeHTT 150
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
HTT 150 – Lecture 2- What is Tourism
What does ‘tourism’ mean?
• It is hard to define what tourism is
• You can be a tourist in your own city!
• There are a lot of forms of tourists
• Mainly, it's a person travelling to a destination for activities
What different types of tourists are there?
• Students – to go learn/study
• Family – to see friends and family
• Backpackers – to see the rural areas and villages
• Research projects – to learn more about an area
• Business – overseas work
• Statistically, VFR takes majority
o VFR - Visiting friends and relatives
• International – travelers coming in from other countries
• Domestic – people traveling in their own country/city
o Buffalo to Niagara is considered international but it’s only 20 km apart!
• Inbound - travelers coming into a destination
• Outbound – travelers leaving a destination to elsewhere
(Ex. For Canada, inbound and international describes the same thing. For Ontario, you can be an
outbound and domestic traveler if you are Ontarian and visiting Quebec)
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version