ITM 102 (367)

The Crime I Committed.docx

2 Pages
Unlock Document

Ryerson University
Information Technology Management
ITM 102
David Schlanger

Sherief Cassis The Crime I Committed Ever since I was a young child, like most toddlers, I’ve always been a mischievous kid. I could never manage to get through a day without causing some kind of mischief. Fortunately for me, I had a wonderful, forgiving mother who could never stay mad at me for more than a day. I remember one summer day when I was about 8 years old; I was chasing my sister around the house trying to hit her with a baseball. I chased her all around the house until I finally cornered her and made sure there was no escape. I then threw a baseball with all my power and aimed directly at her. My sister instantly ducked and the ball hit and shattered my mother’s vase which she had purchased while she was in vacation in Rome. I began yelling at my sister and said “Look what you did!” “Me?” she replied with frustration. “Yes you”, I said with confidence, “If you didn’t have such good reflects, none of this would have happened”. I began to hear footsteps coming down the stairs and knew that it would be my mother coming down to see what all the commotion was. I began to worry and debate what I was going to say to my mother, I had two options. One, blame it on my sister, which had always been a suitable option in the past. Or two, tell the truth. I thought about it rationally and came to the conclusion that I would go with option number two. The reason why I chose I was going to tell the truth was because I knew my mother wouldn’t believe me if I told her it was Lina who did it due to past incidents and the fact that my mother knew I was a little fibber. My mother walked in to the living room and as soon as she noticed the broken vase on the floor, her mouth dropped. “What happened!” she cried while running to the vase. I could tell she was infuriated because for a brief 5 seconds she was holding one of the pieces of the vase tightly in her hand and closed her eyes and took a deep breathe. Was she about to yell? I thought to myself. I quickly said “Momy I’m sorry it was me, I was playing catch with Lina and… I know the vase means a lot to you but I’m sorry”. “Do you know how much that thing cost me!” she yelled. I didn’t make a sound and proceeded to awkwardly walk up stairs with my eyes focussed on the floor. That night, my mother came in to my room and apologized for yelling at me. She gave me a hug and that was it, I was guilt free. After that whole episode, I remember thinking to myself that whatever bad thing I do, my mother will always forgive me. Or so I thought. Seven and a half years later when I was about 14 and a half years old, something happened that gave me a whole new perspective of life. It all started one day after school when my friend Marko gave me a call and asked if he could come over. Before he hung up, he asked me whether or not my parents were home and I told him they weren’t. After I had hung, I began to think why he asked me that question. Did he have something in mind that my parents would not approve of? I thought to myself. It remained a mystery until he got to my house. “Look what I brought”, said Mar
More Less

Related notes for ITM 102

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.