ITM 102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Competitive Advantage, Operational Excellence, Barcode

34 views8 pages

Document Summary

Lecture #1 : info systems in business today. 1. (intro page: figure 2, the role of information systems in business today, operational excellence: a. i. a. ii. Information systems/technology an important tool in achieving greater efficiency and productivity a. iii. Walmart"s retail link system links suppliers to stores for superior replenishment system: the role of information systems in business today, new products, services, and business models: a. i. Business model: describes how company produces, delivers, and sells product or service to create wealth a. ii. Information systems and technology a major enabling tool for new products, services, business models a. ii. 1. Examples: apple"s ipad, microsoft"s software delivery mechanism, amazon: the role of information systems in business today, customer and supplier intimacy: a. i. Serving customers well leads to customers returning, which raises revenues and profits. a. i. 1. Example: high-end hotels that use computers to track customer preferences and used to monitor and customize environment a. ii. Intimacy with suppliers allows them to provide vital inputs, which lowers costs. a. ii. 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers