LAW 122 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Intentional Tort, Punitive Damages, Partial Defence

83 views12 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 4 and 5 business torts: business torts and defences, deceit, defamation, interference with contractual relations, intentional torts and defences, complete and partial, new torts, land-based torts (negligence-based/reasonableness standard, nuisance, occupiers" liability. Strict: no intention, physical act (animals, inherently dangerous) Intentional: intend the act (damage irrelevant, i. e. , battery), intent act and harm (need damage, i. e. , business torts) Negligence: duty of care, standard of care, causation. Intentional torts: intent to act, body, liberty, property, chattel (my stuff, reputation, privacy, intent to harm, economic and business interests (economic losses, contractual relations) Torts are classically the payment of 13078 because of an act that causes injury they can be committed against a person, reputation or a thing. That was inflicted or inflicted intentionally with/without damage or inflicted negligently. Damages 13078$ paid to the injured (aka plaintiff: punitive, nominal, compensatory, + court costs go to injured party. But take one element away the house of cards falls apart .

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers