Team Effectiveness

3 Pages

Department
Human Resources
Course Code
MHR 405
Professor
George Baranyai

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 3 pages of the document.
September 28 th
, 2010
MHR 405
Ch 7 Team Dynamics and Effectiveness
What is a Team?
Team- two or more people with a common goal who are dependent upon each other to achieve a
particular task
Group- two or more people with common interests and continuing interaction
Task interdependence- the degree of task-driven interaction among work team members
Pooled interdependence- team members work individually but either draw form a pool or common
inputs or pool their outputs
Sequential Interdependence- teams rely on each other for resources with the output of one member
becoming the input of another such as in a football team
Reciprocal Interdependence- members have reciprocal interdependence with work being exchanged
back and forth among them
Types of work related teams
Functional teams- usually includes employees who work together daily on similar task and must
coordinate their efforts
Cross-functional teams- temporary or permanent group of employees at about the same level but from
different work areas who work together to solve problems or have ongoing responsibility for certain
process of function
Problem-solving team- refers to members who focus on a specific issue, develop a potential solution and
are often empowered to take action within defined limits
Self-directed work team- a team whose member have autonomy to carry out interference task and make
decisions once reserved for managers
Virtual team- a team whose members are separated by distance, time, or organizational boundaries, but
are linked by communication technologies
Five stage model of team development
Forming- the first stage in team development, characterized by politeness, superficiality and uncertainty
Storming- the second stage of team development characterized by conflict, confusion, power, struggles
and the emergence
www.notesolution.com

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
th September 28 , 2010 MHR 405 Ch 7 Team Dynamics and Effectiveness What is a Team? Team- two or more people with a common goal who are dependent upon each other to achieve a particular task Group- two or more people with common interests and continuing interaction Task interdependence- the degree of task-driven interaction among work team members Pooled interdependence- team members work individually but either draw form a pool or common inputs or pool their outputs Sequential Interdependence- teams rely on each other for resources with the output of one member becoming the input of another such as in a football team Reciprocal Interdependence- members have reciprocal interdependence with work being exchanged back and forth among them Types of work related teams Functional teams- usually includes employees who work together daily on similar task and must coordinate their efforts Cross-functional teams- temporary or p
More Less
Unlock Document

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit