Marketing
Course
MKT 100
Professor
Anthony Francescucci
Semester
Winter

Description
MKT100 – Principles of Marketing Thursday January 19 2012 Lecture #2 Notes Market Planning & Analysis Why is Marketing Grey? Marketing is about making recommendations Doing or not doing something Slide 6  Monopoly: Control over everything, how much products available for sale  Oligopoly: Few suppliers because it typically requires investment  Monopolistic Competition: Lots of suppliers, their products are differentiated  Perfect Competition: Lots of suppliers, the products are undifferentiated = consumers cannot tell the difference; treated as commodities Slide 8 Market Share: is a part owned by one company/particular industry Slide 10 Why else is it important to define a market? Don’t want to miss out on opportunities Slide 11 Less concentrated & more competitors: Easier to establish yourself in those markets Slide 15  Higher Share of Mind will ultimately lead to Share of Market; The more customers that think about that product, the more likely they will purchase the product  Share of Voice is a very simple calculation; how much I spend on advertising in comparison to everyone in the industry  Share of R&D: How much I spend in Research and Development compared to everyone in the industry.
More Less

Related notes for MKT 100

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit