MKT 400 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Classical Conditioning, Strobe Light, Reinforcement

80 views5 pages
24 Feb 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Attention to too much simulation: ca(cid:374)"t fo(cid:272)us o(cid:374) (cid:449)hat they (cid:449)a(cid:374)t you to fo(cid:272)us o(cid:374, consumer allocation of processing info is too hard, marketing do(cid:374)"t (cid:449)a(cid:374)t too (cid:373)u(cid:272)h sti(cid:373)ulatio(cid:374) Comprehension: what do you understand, i. e. 20 min wait; one might think its ok because they can play games but another may be annoyed. Sensing, organizing and reacting: sensing immediate response to stimuli, organizing you need to organize the thoughts into something you recognize, reaction physical or mental response. Selective perception: selective exposure, selective attention, selective distortion- biased by previously held beliefs, too much stimuli can be overbearing and consumer will interpret info as they chose. Subliminal persuasion: low-strength stimuli that person has no consciousness of such stimuli. I. e. product placement (coke as drink for judges on a show) Just meaningful difference (jmd: i. e. retailer"s fi(cid:374)d a 30% dis(cid:272)ou(cid:374)t effe(cid:272)ti(cid:448)e, smallest amount of change in a stimulus that would influence consumer consumption and choice.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers