MKT 500 – Week 6
Standardized Information Sources
• provide students with an opportunity to apply marketing research principles by conducting a
primary research investigation in an ethical manner.
• enhance analytical skills by applying appropriate quantitative and/or qualitative techniques to
assess data and identify outcomes.
• hone teamwork, time management and communication skills by collaborating with a group to
effectively plan, execute and present a research study.
Starting point for Topic ideas:
1. Canadian Community Health Survey (CCHS)
2. Canadian Financial Capability Survey
3. Canadian Survey of Giving, Volunteering and Participating (CSGVP)
4. Survey of Household Spending (SHS)