OHS 208 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Ontario Human Rights Code, Hard Hat, Sexual Orientation

187 views5 pages

Document Summary

The employment standards act (esa) applies to almost all non-unionized workers in ontario, while unionized workers are covered by the labour relations act. The ohs act protects health and safety of people in the workplace while the human rights. Code is meant to protect worth, dignity and creates an environment of mutual respect. Prohibited grounds for discrimination was set out in section 1 of the code and repeated severally in different sections thereafter. Those grounds include: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, and, disability. As a general rule, an aggrieved person who is bringing a claim under the code, must do so on one of the grounds set out above. He must also show that such discrimination took place. E(cid:272)tio(cid:374) (cid:1005)(cid:1005), (cid:862)co(cid:374)st(cid:396)u(cid:272)ti(cid:448)e dis(cid:272)(cid:396)i(cid:373)i(cid:374)atio(cid:374)(cid:863), is a(cid:374) i(cid:373)po(cid:396)ta(cid:374)t p(cid:396)o(cid:448)isio(cid:374) (cid:271)e(cid:272)ause it is a sort of exception to the general rule.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers