PLG 510 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Township, Green Energy Act 2009, Toronto Pearson International Airport

127 views7 pages

Document Summary

Originally what divided powers of provincial and federal government. Section 91: peace order and good government, make laws for peace order and good government, whatever is not given to the province exclusively will go to the federal. It is a catch all clause government: ex: war measure act, fill in gaps between provincial governance. Section 92: where the provincial government lies, non renewal resources (water, trees, property, civil rights. (cid:374)ot listed i(cid:374) the federal or pro(cid:448)i(cid:374)(cid:272)ial go(cid:448)"t falls in section 91 of the bna act: excluded from provincial law or municipal bylaws. How you interplay between powers and not have a conflict. Municipality tried to apply zoning bylaws towards what kind of buildings would go up. Ha(cid:373)ilto(cid:374) har(cid:271)or tried to appeal this sa(cid:455)i(cid:374)g zo(cid:374)i(cid:374)g (cid:271)(cid:455)la(cid:449) does(cid:374)"t apply to harbor in. Restricted rights of private owners around the harbor. Decision found the pith and substance was to regulate how it was build.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers