PPA 102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Intersectionality, Geoffrey Blainey, Class Consciousness

42 views2 pages

Document Summary

Is joining an advocacy group or a political party more effective to increase the minimum wage: compare and contrast opportunities for members to make decisions, make a case for why one is more effective. 7 pages, academic sources & other research. Challenging legislature, based on charter: equality clauses, everyone must have equal benefit under the law childcare, equal pay. Blainey 1986: right of (cid:449)o(cid:373)e(cid:374) to play i(cid:374) (cid:373)e(cid:374)"s sports leagues. Falki(cid:374)er 2002: (cid:373)ade (cid:448)oid the (cid:862)spouse i(cid:374) the house(cid:863) rule for social assista(cid:374)ce. If anyone is living with the person asking for social assistance, even temporarily or if they earn very little, it is assumed that they are helping with payments, and an amount is deducted from social assistance. r. g 2006: child support (cid:373)ust i(cid:374)crease if the payer"s i(cid:374)co(cid:373)e i(cid:374)creases. Upsurge in nomination and election of women to positions of power.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers