PSY 302 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Restrictiveness, Attribution Bias, Sibling Rivalry

119 views4 pages
12 Apr 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Microsystem: the child has a direct environmental influence (family, day care, preschool) Mesosystem: the interaction of people in microsystem (schools, peer groups) E(cid:454)os(cid:455)ste(cid:373): has a(cid:374) i(cid:374)dire(cid:272)t i(cid:374)flue(cid:374)(cid:272)e o(cid:374) (cid:272)hild"s (cid:373)i(cid:272)ros(cid:455)ste(cid:373) (cid:894)pare(cid:374)t"s (cid:449)ork, s(cid:272)hool (cid:271)oard(cid:895) Macrosystem: broad and overarching laws, social class context. Chronosystem: the dynamic changes across time and space. Family: a social system or network of reciprocal relationships. Nuclear families/two generations (f + m + c) Blended families (children from previous marriages are combined) Survival of offspring: attending to their needs. Economic function: providing the means for them to acquire the skills and resources needed to be economically productive. Cultural training: teaching children the basic values of the culture. Direct/two person interaction and indirect effects/a third person influencing the other two. Social support from sociocultural context (relatives, friends) Developmental perspective: family dynamics may change as children grows older, with changes in parents and/or family structure. Biological characteristics (e. g. , temperaments) of family members affect family interactions.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers