PSY 325 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Dissociative Identity Disorder, Fibromyalgia, Dsm-5

73 views4 pages

Document Summary

A dsm-5 disorder: pmdd, for some this disorder was very useful. Fibromyalgia: the symptoms are real, scammers are a major issue, there are psychologist that only find pre-existing conditions to support bureaucrats, we are finding more evidence that fibromyalgia does exist. Just (cid:271)e(cid:272)ause (cid:449)e (cid:272)ould(cid:374)"t fi(cid:374)d a (cid:373)ea(cid:374)s to pro(cid:448)e it does e(cid:454)ist doesn"t mean it does(cid:374)"t exist. Inconsistent environment because they are worried if they do not something horrific will happen. I will do it---but i wont do it well, i will screw it up to get back at you. Similar to self-defeating personality: childhood-never learned to master their environment because their parents or surroundings were extremely iffy, freudian, can not acknowledge it. First time ever the dsm includes the word addictions and addictive behavior: substance related and addictive disorders, previously it was withdrawal, substance abuse, which addictions are in dsm -5. Self criticism is one of the strongest predictors of depression: hard on others also.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers