PSY 505 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Big Five Personality Traits, Lexical Hypothesis, Agreeableness

67 views14 pages

Document Summary

A vast amount of research evidence has been accumulated supporting a 5 factor model. However, there has also been a 3 factor universal model and a 6 factor contemporary model proposed with strong evidence more on this late(cid:396) . The factor models presented in this lecture are again based on factor analysis of a lexical nature. But c&m a(cid:374)d gold(cid:271)e(cid:396)g de(cid:448)eloped diffe(cid:396)e(cid:374)t (cid:449)a(cid:455)s to (cid:373)easu(cid:396)e it . I have a rich vocabulary, vivid imagination, excellent ideas. I spend time reflecting on things, i use difficult words. According to research by sam gosling, it is possible to assess openness by examining people"s homes and work spaces. Individuals who are highly open to experience tend to have distinctive and unconventional decorations: they are also likely to have books on a wide variety of topics, a diverse music collection, and works of art on display. Openness to experience correlates with creativity, as measured by tests of divergent thinking.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers