PSY 622 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Covenant House, Sentenced, Dysfunctional Family

34 views4 pages

Document Summary

Poor community functioning: poor and unsafe housing as another risk factor for women (e. g. , shelters, covenant house, etc. ) Failure to take the gendered pathway to crime into account: fe(cid:373)i(cid:374)ists: (cid:862)cri(cid:373)i(cid:374)alized sur(cid:448)i(cid:448)or path(cid:449)ay(cid:863) - we"re not looking at other possibilities of why women become criminals - we don"t look at the fact that there"s (listed below) These are used to look at how women get into crime. Security reclassification scale for women (srsw: actuarial tool. Clinical vs actuarial - clinical is subjective to nature - you go in for assessment and when we talk about clinician bias so you"re talking to the person and they say you have a, b and c disorders. Need for gender-responsive services: taskforce on federally sentenced women (1989): recommended creation of smaller facilities with community-living environment. Principles of programming for women (1990 canadian task force report: empowerment, meaningful and responsible choices respect and dignity supporting environment shared responsibility.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers