• Sociology-study of society(being with others)
• term introduced by Auguste Comte (1798-1857)
• He was born right at the end of French Revolution
• Sparked social changes
• Church had power before revolution
• Merchants begin to have power
How can people manage peace
• Early times, no social stability.
• Writing after enlightment (begin 1500, science was born).
• scientists started taking charge
• sociology born by using method of inquiry
• Society-can be called a group
• Social-web of meanings, expectations and conduct resulting from such mutual
orientation is the stuff of sociological analysis.
• thinking sociologically-being critical of common sense ideas.
• sociologists think about who spread ideas and who benefits.
The Sociological Imagination