Lecture

MGMT 3480 Lecture Notes - Health Promotion

Department
Management
Course Code
MGMT 3480
Professor
Steve Foran

This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 3 pages of the document.
Reflection Article (using article 2 and 3)
Every semester in university we have faculty evaluation. That day before mark the
evaluation sheet, the faculty gives us a speech on the importance of evaluation and the process
to make it simple to everyone. I never actually took the evaluation process seriously, because
that used to be a busy day before final week. But after reading the article about Evaluation
process and the purpose, I kind of blame myself. What we are learning and preparing ourselves
for future should be evaluated. The faculties those are teaching us should be evaluated because
if they are not well qualified then the coaching we are getting would not be enough to compete
with the world in future.
I think the main purpose of both the article is to show the importance and impact of
evaluation process. Even though the first article talks about the evaluation process of Canadian
nutrition and physical activity policies and the second article relates the evaluation process to
make decisions in every aspect of life. The second article mostly talks about the characteristics
and problems of evaluation procedure. It is just like the speech I always have before the faculty
evaluation. But the second article is like the evaluation sheet fully focused on the evaluation of
faculty of an institution. Also, the method first article follow for the evaluation process is quite
simple and based normally on consequences of evaluation. But the method in second article is
lot complicated and wide. The reason can be the guideline of WHO, who are monitoring and
conducting the method of first article. As it is an international organization, the procedures
they make should be simple enough to implement by any country in this planet. Moreover, all
the examples used in article one to explain the method of evaluation process is more practical
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version