Biological Sciences
Course
BISC 202
Professor
Brent Sinclair
Semester
Fall

Description
Put your name and student number on each page of your problem set. Make a copy of your assignment for your own records and as a backup. Due date: by noon on Friday, September 27 , 2013, in my office: SSB 6148 Problem Set 1 (35 marks total): Please answer the following questions in your own words. It is acceptable to discuss the questions with others in the class, but you must then write your answers on your own. Any copied answers will result in a zero for the problem set part of the course grade. For each question please explain your reasons for your answers, and/or show your calculations. 1) (5 marks) You are studying a newly discovered micro-organism and you find that the proportion of nuclear adenine it contains is 21%. Answer the following questions about the nuclear DNA content of this organism: a. What is the percentage of purines in this organism? Explain. b. What is the percentage of G in this organism? Show how you determined the answer. c. What is the percentage of T in this organism? Explain. d. What are you assuming about this new organism in order to answer parts a, b and c? 2) (10 marks) A fictional diploid cell contains three pairs of homologous chromosomes designated C1 and C2, M1 and M2, and S1 and S2. (Ignore crossing over.) I What combin
More Less

Related notes for BISC 202

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit