BPK 142 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Graph Paper, Exponential Decay

1373 views3 pages
Lab #5 (Week 5): Muscular Strength, Power, and Endurance
6) Draw graphs of velocity versus force, power versus velocity, and power versus force, and
submit them with your lab report. Use either pages 11-10 to 11-12 in the BPK 142 Laboratory
Manual, standard graph paper, or a computer program to draw your graphs. (7 marks)
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 3 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Lab #5 (week 5): muscular strength, power, and endurance: draw graphs of velocity versus force, power versus velocity, and power versus force, and submit them with your lab report. Use either pages 11-10 to 11-12 in the bpk 142 laboratory. My velocity versus force graph is the same shape as the graph into the manual. The graph in the manual and the best fit line of my graph show a pattern of exponential decay. The highest velocity of each graph occurs when force is closest to zero; the minimum velocity occurs at maximum force. For my graph, the minimum force is 17. 8 n, with a maximum velocity of 1. 45 m/s; the maximum force is 173. 9 n, with a minimum velocity of 0. 085 m/s. In both graphs, as velocity decreases, force increases. In terms of muscles, with slower contractions, greater forces are produced. In other words, velocity of muscle contraction and the force output of a muscle are inversely proportional.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers