BUS 272 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Long-Term Memory, Mental Models, Confirmation Bias

68 views4 pages

Document Summary

Self concept: an individuals self beliefs and self evaluation, who am i? or how do i feel about myself, we compare image of the job with our perceived and ideal selves. Complexity number of distinct and important roles or identities that people perceive about themselves there are multiple you"s. Consistency individuals self perceived roles require similar traits, values and attributes. Clarity when you have a clear confident state of self. Self concept process: self enhancement promoting and protecting our positive self view. Con is that you have a harder time realizing your mistakes: self verification seeking feedback that confirms our self view. This guides our thoughts: self evaluation defined by 3 self esteem, self efficacy and locus of control. Self esteem people like respect and are satisfied with themselves represents a global self-evaluation. The more someone is liked and accepted, the higher the self esteem. Self-efficacy a belief that the person thinks that they can complete a task.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers