By Mark Liangco | BUS 343
Chapter 12 (Week 10)
Integrated Marketing Communications
- Unifying all marketing communication tools, corporate and brand messages in a consistent way to and
with stakeholder audiences.
Characteristics of IMC
- Creates a single unified voice
o Presents a unified selling proposition in the marketplace by eliminating duplication and
- Develops relationship with customer
o IMC firms measures their success by share of customers, not share of the market, and by the
lifetime value of the customer.
o It is easier and less expensive to retain a customer than to attract a new one.
- involves two-way communication
- focuses on stakeholders as well
- Results based on actual feedback.
- The creation of an ongoing relationship with a set of customers in a good or service and whose
responses to promotional efforts have become part of future communication attempts.
Characteristics of Database Marketing
- It is interactive
o If you know the information of someone, you can make each marketing personal
- Builds relationships
o The best predictor of who will but a product is to know who bought it in the past.
- Locates new customers
o A marketer can create new customers by focusing communications on likely prospects with
characteristics similar to current users
- Stimulates cross selling
o It is easier to offer similar products to their customers when they are in the database
o Are able to measure the effectiveness of each message since it is personalized
The Communication model
- Specifies that a number of elements are necessary for communication to occur – a source, message a
medium and a receiver.
1) Identify the Target Audience