CMNS 221 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: The Digital Age, Afrika Bambaataa, Bukka White

124 views3 pages

Document Summary

To assert so(cid:373)ethi(cid:374)g that (cid:862)sou(cid:374)ds(cid:863) like truth (cid:271)ut is totally (cid:271)ullshit: said with a certain authority, (cid:862)bara(cid:272)k o(cid:271)a(cid:373)a was (cid:374)ot (cid:271)or(cid:374) i(cid:374) the u a(cid:863) trump. Those that doubt that obama was born in the usa. Assertions made in the public sphere that have no evidence. Related to spinning (sort of like propaganda) Creating something where there is no evidence. Spin room: meet with journalists and discuss where their candidate prevailed. Booker white aberdeen mississippi blues: vs. Muddy waters got my mojo worki(cid:374)". Exceptionally similar: tone, melody, style, voice, bw is(cid:374)"t usi(cid:374)g a (cid:373)i(cid:272)ropho(cid:374)e. Digital age less about spinning records but more about copy and pasting fragments of songs: origins of hip hop. Recording yourself, playing it back while recording another track over it. Advancement of technology into a digital age. What is praised vs. what is frowned upon. The digital age has given affordances to consumers so they are no longer consumers: new media created to your creative impulse.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers