Criminology
Course
CRIM 101
Professor
Barry Cartwright
Semester
Fall

Description
North Country (movie) True story (legal landmark case about gender abuse) Josey Ames returns to northern Minnesota home in 1989 to parents with children to escape abusive husband Josey doesn’t blend in because people believe that she is promiscuous because she had child at early age Parents – Hank and Alice Has bad relationship with father as he was devastated when he found out about her pregnancy in high school Had first child (son = Sammy?) at age 16 without knowing who father is, daughter is Karen Job was hair washer until friend (Glory) introduced her to her work place at a mine, and lets Josey stay with her and husband (Kyle) and husband Made friends at the mine (female) Meets old high school boyfriend (Bobby Sharp) at mine Women are verbally/physically abused at the mine Tries to stop provocations by reporting to higher ups, but instead worsens the cases Josey is sexually harassed b
More Less

Related notes for CRIM 101

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit