Education
Course
EDUC 323
Professor
Alex Abdel- Malek
Semester
Spring

Description
Educ 323 Lecture 4 notes (therapy clip): • What do you see therapist doing? Client? RE what we know about CBT so far • Week all right, not awful/not great, medium o Beck depression inventory for mood each week to track progress, make sure client is comfortable doing that o Wanting to connect all sessions so nothing unresolved o Process explained of how things work- client feeling hopeless but perhaps that therapy might help? o Very collaborative o Ask about cognitive model from last week (education/testing understanding) o Situation (ie wave at friend and they don’t respond)- Thought (affected by mood/experiences that day- ie What did I do?)- then Emotional response (ie anxiety, worried)- Behavior (what should I do?)  Situation-though-emotional response-behavior o Goal=target thoughts and see if they’re accurate/functional  Record thoughts and see how they’re functional or dysfunctional  Maybe seed of truth to thought, so not changin
More Less

Related notes for EDUC 323

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit