POL 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Revolutionary History, Presidential System, Responsible Government

132 views5 pages

Document Summary

Majority/ or unicameral (only lower) new zealand: developed in britain and common in western europe and the commonwealth revolutionary history not something like big-bang. Executive-legislative relations in pa systems what define the line of relationship in above the picture. Head of state in parliamentary systems began in england. Serious job since the person cannot be minister or higher level: conscience or free votes. Upper houses in pa systems: called the senate in most countries. I(cid:374) ca(cid:374)ada, e(cid:374)ate (cid:449)as esta(cid:271)lished, i(cid:374) part, to pro(cid:448)ide a (cid:271)od(cid:455) of (cid:862)so(cid:271)er se(cid:272)o(cid:374)d thought(cid:863) to check majoritarian impulses of the house of commons check on the democracy, The (cid:862)triple-e enate(cid:863) elected centre, not vague notion of second thought, give tension in media, counter argument: unicameral. Clinton vs trump even all votes win for clinton but system win for trump) Give huge power: each branch has different responsibilities, house (cid:862)i(cid:374)itiates all re(cid:448)e(cid:374)ue (cid:271)ills(cid:863) give them control, they need to initiate/ and.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers