PSYC 325 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Twin, Perceptual Learning, Motor Skill

68 views8 pages

Document Summary

Objectives: describe differences, skill vs declarative, perceptual motor skills vs cognitive skills, describe how practice and feedback impact skill encoding, consolidation, storage and execution. Identify brain region responsible for skill encoding, consolidation, storage and execution. Skill: an action, honed through practice and performed to accomplish a task. Improved by repetition: encoded to, stored in and retrieve from lt memory, shared with declarative memories, long lasting b, distinctions from declarative, requires repetition, can be acquired implicitly (without awareness, difficult to verbalize. Categories: categorize for research: most activities involve both, perceptual motor, learned movement patterns guided by sensory input a. i. Voluntary control of body: continuum, closed skills c. i. Perform a specific sequence of action that won"t change due to stimuli: open skills d. i. Require response based on prediction about the changing demands of the env: cognitive, test taking, problem solving, application of rules or strategies, e. g. tower of hanoi b. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers