Brian Pronger “no uncontaminated data”
- both research on various athletic abilities and amateur and
occur within in context where girls and women are discriminated
against in a sport context
Sport and Gender Justice
▪ a society should be characterized by gender justice
▪ what does it mean?
⁃ cultural equality (recognition)+ material equality
(redistribution)= gender justice= democracy
▪ both material and cultural dimensions
▪ women as a group must enjoy economic equality as men as
▪ cultural dimension means women as a group must be valued
the same as men as a group
⁃ is culture male dominated?
⁃ aspects that devalue women and girls
- gender inequality exists and this should change
the physical and social serration of categories of people (Macionis
and Gerber, 2011)
Biology or Culture?
• “boys are better