STAT 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Pie Chart, Bar Chart, Box Plot

75 views3 pages

Document Summary

Data analysis and summary: one variable, categorical i. ii. Table of counts(frequency) or percentages: quantitative i. Summaries: center, mean and median, spread, range/iqr, standard deviation. Skewed data: mean, iqr, or the 5-num summary iii. Modelling (quantitative data: density curve, normal distribution i. ii. iii. Standard norm: z-table, find area, find x-value, other shapes, two variables, both categorical, both quantitative i. Graphs: scatterplot (describe strength, direction, form, residual plot (look for unusual like smiles, megaphones) ii. Summaries (only measure the strength and direction of linear relationship: correlation, r^2 iii. Modelling: the least-squares regression line, slope: tell us the average rate of change in the y variable for each one unit increase in the x variable, y-intercept. Always describe shape, center and spread of distributions. Don"t use the normal distribution to model data that are not normal. Always draw and label the normal curve when finding % or x-values.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers