Psychology
Course
PSYC 2800
Professor
Thisis P S Y C2850- Human Sexuality N O T P S Y C2800
Semester
Winter

Description
February 16 2011Sexual ArousalSexual arousal is a state of sexual excitementPsychological involves sexual feelings attractions or desiresPhysiological involves changes in the genitaliaPsychological Sexual ArousalFeelings of sexual arousalFeelings of genital arousal ie how aroused do my genitals feelFeelings of emotional arousal ie how turned on do I feelMens and womens subjective experiences of sexual arousal and orgasm are very similarSexual FantasiesOccur during waking hoursCan be constrained or unconstrained by other individualsCan occur during partnered sex think about something else to become aroused and orgasmDifferences in the content of fantasiesMen virgins anal group MILFs partners get undressed younger partners mutual masturbation oral strangers more adventurous focus on visuals and genitals dominanceWomen marriage commitment feelings submissiveRape fantasies common in women threat of force from partner erotic not scary in control of own fantasy wanting a man to commitCognitive processes involving the evaluation of sexual stimuli may proceed sexual arousal especially in womenWalenRoth Cognitive Model of sexual arousal1Perception of a sexual stimulus2Positive evaluation3Arousal4Perception of arousal5Positive evaluation6Sexual behaviour7Perception of behaviour8Positive evaluation83 86 53Physiological Sexual ArousalGenital changes during sexual arousal1VasocongestionWomen labia pooling with blood in vestibular bulbs cause tightening around penis labia majora can extend outward an wrap around penisMen
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 2800

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit