IMIN200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Interleukin 4, Interleukin 10, Antibody
SchoolUniversity of Alberta
DepartmentImmunology and Infection
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 3 pages of the document.
1) if MHC of two people match ( inbred) we would expect that their be no response
generated against the fetus and thus must have a higher reproductive success. Is
this true? Do they have same litter size?
2) If there is an immune response to the fetus, then MHC matched couples should
have a higher reproductive success. Explain the study that was conducted to
answer this and their result.
3) In pregnancy which response Th1 vs th2 increase and decreases? How would a
pregnant woman response vs. Leishmania (requires Th1 response or cell
mediated) compare to worms ( need th2 response)
4) What happens to cytokines: IL-2, IFNg, TNF αvs the cytokines: IL-4, IL-10,
TGF . β What is the over all meaning of this difference in level?
5) What is indoleamine dioxygenase (IDO)? What is it’s function?
6) Explain the T cell activation by antigen presenting cells?
7) What is the Normal feedback mechanism to reduce T cell activation?
8) Explain tolerance in the placenta using indoleamine dioxygenase (IDO). What is
the overall function of having this.
9) Explain Immunologic tolerance in the uterus that is mediated by T regulatory cells
(Tregs) ( i.e. don’t attack paternal antigen kinda response)
10) What happen to expression of CD4+CD25+ or Foxp3 markers in pregnancy?
What does this mean?
11) When do spontaneous abortion, infertility seem to occur in woman?
12) In pregnancy which layer is the fetus attached to? What happens to Th1/Th2
ratio at this layer and we get pregnany?
13) In the uterine, what happen to the NK cells receptors like CD56 ( for adhesion)
and CD16 ( for Fc function)? what does this mean?
14) How is decidual NK cell cytotoxic activity suppressed? Can they revert?
15) What does it mean by Pregnant uterus/placenta as being privileged site?
16) What is Syncytiotrophoblast (ST)? how does it provide protection?
17) How do trophoblast provide protection?
18) Describe other protective physiology mechanism in placenta?
19) In pregnancy what happen to RA and MS, SLE and Myasthnia gravis symptoms?
20) What happen to Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms after pregnancy?
21) Overall, if pregnant woman gets infected with intracellular and extracellular
which one is death with better?
1) Inbred vs wild types have same litter size. Thus it is not evidence that in ‘inbred’
human populations of increased reproductive success as both have the same litter
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version