Civil Engineering
Course
ENCI 451
Professor
T.G.Brown
Semester
Fall

Description
ENCI 551 – Structural Engineering II Tutorial 3 Solution Step 1: Find i, the degree of indeterminacy of the structure, then make the structure determinate. We should find by inspection i = 1, if you are not convinced, verify by: In the problem, we are told to use the fixed support as our release. So, the released structure is: Step 2: Apply real external loads to the beam and acquire the “erroneous” displacement at where we released the structure D 1 We can use the method of superposition to find the release displacemen1 D : Uniform Distributed Load q: D 1UDL Equation B.3, Appendix B, (Ghali, Neville, and Brown, 2009) Point Load ql: D 1P Equation B.7 or B.8, Appendix B, (Ghali, Neville, and Brown, 2009) Adding them together: NOTE: Because we defined F as 1ositive in the clockwise direction, D is 1EGATIVE as it is in the counter-clockwise direction with respect to the horizontal. Step 3: Find the f
More Less

Related notes for ENCI 451

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit